Are your Contractors really safety compliant onsite?
In the process of compliance, most companies will Plan, Do, Check and Act.
The PLAN usually carry out by the company asking the contractor to provide;
- Insurances, (Workers Comp/ Professional Indemnity/Public Liability),
- Safety Management System (SMS)
- Risk Management information including OH&S prosecution history/ incidents and injuries, Risk assessments, SWMS, SDS, JSEA’s,
- And providing induction training for individual contractors.
The DO usually carry out by the company asking the contractor to provide;
- Documentation of workplace inspection of their workplace
- Copies of their SWMS and JSEA’s
The CHECK usually carry out by the company asking the contractor to provide;
- Reporting of analytics
- Internal audits of their systems
- Reporting of workplace incidents
The ACT usually again carry out by the company asking the contractor to provide;
- Corrective and preventive actions information
However, as you can see that most companies rely on the contractor to supply this information of compliance. Under the Work Health & Safety Act 2011, the company has the responsibility as the persons conducting a business or undertaking (PCBU). This responsibility is to make sure that contractor’s are just not supplying the information they require, however they are DOING by the implementation this information and carrying it out in operations.
This means that the company has the responsibility to carry out physical check, making sure that the workers are aware of these policy, procedures, and the risk management process for the work are being carry out by the contractor.
Therefore, contractors safety is your job!
A company that can help the planning, doing, checking and acting is SAFE ACT PTY LTD, they can provide a full range of contractor safety help to your company.
SAFE ACT PTY LTD, can provide their professional advisor on the ground, in the field and on site to make sure that the contractor’s have implemented their policies and procedure on your behalf!
Contact them now!
Ph: 02 4936 1190